<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 09, 2004

YANKED 

Eli Manning connected with Amani Toomer for a 27-yard strike with 4:25 to go to lift the Giants to a 7-6 victory over the Seattle Seahawks.

Okay, not exactly.

Jeremy posted his recappish post below, so that kind of eases the burden on me, as I don't have to go through much of that and I can attempt to pick on the finer points.

-- How many times can you imagine the Mariners this year erasing a 6-0 deficit with three long balls?

-- Jason Giambi absolutely smoked that ball. The one today went back about 8 rows or so somewhere very close to the Boeing sign, if memory serves me right. It was in right-center, if I'm wrong about the sign.

-- After two games in the series, the Mariners appeared to be in an okay position. The only shutdown pitcher they drew in the series was Mike Mussina. No Javier Vazquez, no Kevin Brown. They took the game they were supposed to take, they lost the game they were supposed to lose, and they had Donovan Osborne to face today. They put up six runs against him.

-- None of the Mariners' starting pitchers recorded an out in the 7th inning of this series. Luckily there's an off day tomorrow for the Mariners to rest the arms in the bullpen.

-- Were there any exit polls taken to gauge fans' reactions after the game?

Gameball: Dan Wilson. 2-for-3 with the 3-run bomb. Enjoy it while it lasts, folks.

Goat: Bret Boone. 0-for-4 with two strikeouts, stranding two. I'd like to know how bad these back spasms really are.

I left Bremerton at 5pm today. There's a number of reasons I might have left late. It wasn't right after a meal. It wasn't right after the Mariner game. It was so I could soak up as much CBC coverage of Calgary/San Jose Game 1. Needless to say, the Canadian network is partial to the Canadian team. Don Cherry was decked before the game in a typical plaid suit with a Calgary hard hat on. Ron McLean talked on the phone to Darryl Sutter's mother before the faceoff while they showed live video of the Shark mascot getting the crowd revved up, which was more than working because the place looked absolutely nuts. The crowd microphone is a ton louder on the CBC than it is on ESPN, which to me is a big factor. Back when NBC and CBS did NFL games, NBC didn't have Bradshaw, Summerall, or Madden, but they did crank the crowd mike way the hell up. It just helps me get into the game, what can I say. For me, it also helped the announcers get more into it, too, as some even felt they had to get louder so the home audience could hear their voices over the crowd.

Anyway, I was somewhat surprised to see the word "demoralized" in Jeremy's post and not see a thing about the hockey game. Jeremy has felt the pain that I already have. Probably the only surprise today was that it wasn't Martin Gelinas scoring the OT goal. What a botched play that was. Horrible line change. The CBC had Steve Montador on afterward, and he basically said Jarome Iginla had the puck into the San Jose end when Montador discovered himself wide open. Montador then yelled at Iginla and banged his stick against the ice to get Iginla's attention. He eventually did, and it seemed like Montador just waited and waited as long as he could before he roofed it. Calgary took this one, but if the Sharks can manage to keep getting shots through to the net as much as they did today, they should do just fine.

So ends the semi-obligatory hockey diversion to this post.

Now begins the Blogger-related diversion to the post...
WHAAAAATTTT???!!!?!!! The one thing I enjoyed about my Blogger interface that I had before today was the fact that I could use the bottom half of my screen to scroll through the last 50 posts on the page. This made it easier to reference anything we'd posted in case we needed to be refreshed for some material or if we wanted to use some past material in a post. Now I'm posting on a screen singularly devoted to posting. I don't like it. If someone knows how I can get the half-screen thing back, PLEASE let me know because this is really getting on my nerves. It's getting on my nerves more than the busted mouse on my parents' computer. That was an Alt+Tab fest and even that isn't making me as mad as this new Blogger deal is. Bring the old stuff back!! Please!! Of course, there may be a positive out of this...there's a chance we could take our colors and adapt it to a new template. Who knows. The Sports and B's Board of Directors shall discuss such a thought.

So ends the Blogger-related diversion of this post.

Pineiro. Silva. Tuesday.

So ends the post.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page