<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

SLEEPYTIME 

I'll just list some points I saw from when I was mostly watching the game, because it's really late and I want to sleep.

-- Between bunts in the air, baserunning blunders, and bad calls, neither team deserved to win this game tonight.

-- Jamie Moyer DID deserve to win this game tonight.

-- I thought from the moment I saw it that Corey Koskie had his hand in before Dan Wilson may/may not have come close to him. Twins would have been up 4-3 and the Mariners would have faced Joe Nathan in the night.

-- I'm not so sure Randy Winn wasn't out to end the game, but I'd have to see it again.

-- If you thought Joe Brinkman might have been a little trigger-happy tonight with the checkswing calls at first base, you'll really enjoy him behind the plate tomorrow because I'm pretty sure the umpires rotate clockwise and I'm pretty sure Brinkman has the lazy delayed straight-arm-while-kneeling strike call.

-- What an inning of little-ball futility for the Mariners in the 13th. Dave Hansen hit a 30-foot high chopper and beat the Cristian Guzman throw (no chance). Randy Winn bunted the ball in the air to Koskie. Ichiro swung on 1-1 (not sure if he was swinging just to protect or if the hit-and-run was on, but if it was...that was pathetic) and pinch-runner Quinton McCracken was dead meat at second. Ichiro later popped out to Guzman.

-- Who can forget the 14th and 15th, when the Mariners got the leadoff runner aboard both times and failed to advance the runner even to second?

-- Thanks to Cristian Guzman in the 11th, Twins fans can pull up the play-by-play on their browsers and see "Mientkiewicz grounded into fielder's choice to right, Guzman out at second."

It's time to end this...

Gameball: Ron Villone. Vanilli came on with Mateo's baserunner in the 14th and got the final nine outs, walking one, fanning one, and beaning one. The walk and bean were both in the 14th. Man, maybe I shouldn't be giving him the gameball, the 14th was pretty turbulent. Well, it's late. If it's not him, it's Moyer.

Goat: Rich Aurilia. 0-for-6 with two strikeouts, stranding three. I know he's not hitting in front of Barry Bonds anymore, but .216?? .216???

Silva. Pineiro. Later today.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page