<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 02, 2004

BLUDGEON 

So...did anyone see Harold Reynolds on Baseball Tonight conducting an all-out assault on on-base percentage as a stat?

His point was basically that if the hitter with the high OBP has wheels, then great, but if a Jason Giambi or a Frank Thomas gets walked or hits a single, he's not going to score on a gapper. Harold hates basecloggers.

This was just shown on BBTN, and I'm not sure I totally get what Harold's trying to say, so I might have to think about it for a while. I'm trying to differentiate between whether an actual point was being made about on-base percentage or if Harold just really needed to bash the stat/statheads.

I'll sleep on this one.

Now I see Harold going off about Arizona pitching out with the pitcher batting and a runner on first (Matt Mantei pitching, Robby Hammock catching, Doug Glanville on first). I can understand blasting off about this because, well, that's Bob Brenly Baseball, baseball from the mind of an idiot.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page