<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 13, 2004

DID I MENTION I HATE OUR JOKE OF A MANAGER? 

I digress...

I just read David Cameron's assessment of today's Everett Herald quip about Eddie Guardado saying that he wouldn't have signed with the Mariners if he had to do it over again.

I don't blame Guardado for feeling this way one bit. One, this team is a trainwreck. Two, the man steering the trainwreck is a moron. Three, Guardado isn't being used enough.

IS THIS THE EVERYDAY EDDIE WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE?

He hasn't pitched since May 7. In laymen's terms, that's LAST FRIDAY.

This is the closest I'll ever come to being labeled a "stat geek", but the fact is, Guardado is the best pitcher in the Mariners bullpen, bar none. USE HIM, DAMMIT!!! HE'S CALLED "EVERYDAY EDDIE" FOR A REASON, BOB!!!

As for possibly trading Guardado, as "the other David" suggested, if the M's can land Michael Cuddyer, great. But what makes anybody suggest that Bill Bavasi is smart enough to do that?

Just watch, the M's will deal Guardado to the Giants for Lou Seal. Why?

I don't need to answer this, do I?

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page