<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 03, 2004

REAL 

Before I talk about anything else here, David's post title has me thinking of The Jets' 1987 track "Make It Real". Personally, I'm a bigger fan of "You Got It All" than "Make It Real". No reason really, just my take on The Jets.

---Anyways, Billy Packer is an assclown. Go ahead and do a Google search on "Billy Packer assclown" and we'll be in the search results. I've only said that about 22 times at Sports and Bremertonians.

---It's Saturday night and I'm watching the Final Four. Help me.

---Speaking of 1980s' music, if I were to start an album of power ballads, Chicago's "What Kind of Man Would I Be?" would be track #1. I'm a sucker for power ballads. Sue me.

---Back to sports (somewhat)...

---I picked up the baseball preview issue of Sports Illustrated today. SI has the Cubs winning the World Series. I know this is a few days old, but so what. The Cubs aren't going to win the World Series this year, regardless of the SI Jinx.

As far as jinxes go, you have to hope and pray that either Jamal Lewis or Ray Lewis is on the cover of EA Sports Madden NFL 2005. Can you tell I'm still pissed off over the Ravens stealing a win over the Seahawks last season? Mike Holmgren still is, so I can be pissed off as well.

---Stanley Cup Playoffs start Wednesday. I'm calling it right now, and the matchups haven't been set yet:

The Nashville Predators will upset the Detroit Red Wings in the first round. If this happens, the city of Detroit must relinquish its fake title of "Hockeytown" for good. A team in "Hockeytown" does not lose consecutive first round series to teams from Anaheim, California and Nashville, Tennessee.

And the Canucks-Flames first round matchup will be the best series of the first round. For some reason, I think Mikka Kiprusoff is destined for a big playoff run. Don't ask why.

---In other hockey news, I'd love to have enough money to buy the Chicago Blackhawks from that scumbag Bill Wirtz. The Blackhawks should always be a big deal in Chicago. But with Wirtz' philosophies, the franchise is not even back page news in the Second City. It's in the damn Classified section, just a page behind the Antiques section.

Hell, I wish I had enough money to own a team, period. Minor league or professional, doesn't matter.

---Enough ranting for now.

---Anybody but Duke.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page