<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 01, 2004

I HOPE THIS ISN'T AN OMEN 

Spiezio on the DL???

Starting at third base, #16 Willie Bloomquist.

Yes, Bartolo Colon is really going to crap himself seeing little Willie at the plate Tuesday afternoon in Safeco Field.

For those of you who believe in sample sizes (David and I don't, because we know better), Bloomquist is 1-for-3 in his career vs Colon. Hee-haw.

So there you go. The left side of the Mariners defense on Opening Day could very well be Raul Ibanez and Willie Bloomquist. Why doesn't somebody just put a Sixpence None The Richer CD in my stereo to insult me even more? Where's Cam Neely's dog when I need to see it?

Sorry folks, I wish this whole "Bloomquist to start Opening Day" deal was a big fat April Fool's joke.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page