<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

IN COMPETITIVENESS, WE DWELL 

"The Thing That Should Not Be", Metallica's second best track ever.

What's the best Metallica track? Come on, it's "Creeping Death".

Anyways, to make this a Metallica-Mariners post, when the M's are in the Bronx May 15, I'll be at the Metallica-Godsmack concert in Little Rock. I can't wait. Too bad it's still a month and a half away.

This will be the first year since 1994 that I will not attend a single Mariner game, home or away. I was going to see the M's play in 1994 when I was visiting my relatives in Washington (I was still living in California at the time), but those damn ceiling tiles...ARGGGGGH! i was thinking about traveling to Arlington or St. Louis this season for a game or two, but there's a little thing called money. 2005, I'll definitely check out the M's, whether it's in Arlington or Kansas City (no St. Louis, because it's more than likely the M's won't play at Busch next season).

If things work out, I'll definitely check out a game or two at Ray Winder Field in Little Rock to see the Arkansas Travelers, the Angels AA affiliate. The San Antonio Missions are coming to Little Rock June 8-11 and July 22-24, so I may have to check that out. Or I may go to Memphis this summer and attend a game at Autozone Park, which is one of the best minor league parks in the country. And hit Beale Street afterwards, of course.

In the meantime (when all in all, we're just like you!), I may be spending Saturday night at the Arkansas Twisters' home opener against San Diego. In case you're confused, the Twisters are an Arena Football 2 franchise. Stone Cold Steve Austin is scheduled to show up and sign autographs and raise hell. Sounds like fun. I went to a Twisters game last summer and it was pretty cool. Hopefully if I go this weekend, they'll win this time...

I'd bring back Charles Gipson in a heartbeat. Especially if it meant cutting Willie Bloomquist. OK, I better not open up this can, so let's just move on...

Finally, a pic of Autozone Park in Memphis. I wish there was a way Tacoma could build a new ballpark for the Rainiers...


/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page