<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, JUST STOP 

---Raul Ibanez apologists: Enough with the "I told you so" comments. They are very immature and show a lack of intelligence. It is April 21. If Ibanez can keep this up ALL SEASON LONG, then we'll show some appreciation for the guy. But again, it is April 21.

---David, I know what you're talking about.

"THERE IT GOES! SEE YOU LATER! THE KID HAS DONE IT!"

---If Raul Ibanez can hit a home run off of Tim Hudson, then I'll be somewhat impressed.

---Enough about Raul Ibanez.

---Why in the hell did the NBA decide to change their first round playoff format from 5 to 7 games last season? A 5-game series is much more exciting than a 7-game series, at least in basketball. In a 5-game series, the first game is really critical. It seems like this year's first round has no drama whatsoever.

Then again, this is not my NBA. You know, the NBA pre-ABC/ESPN era. I'm not a big fan of John Tesh, but dammit, I could really use some "Roundball Rock" right now. Of course, if it were my call, I'd ax the last clip in the NBA on NBC promo, which is the shot of Michael Jordan clutching the Larry O'Brien Trophy (for you casual folks, that's the NBA Championship Trophy). Michael Jeffrey Jordan is no hero to me.

---If you're not paying attention to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, shame on you.

For the sake of tradition, we need a Montreal-Toronto Eastern Conference Finals. You mean to tell me that a Habs-Leafs series wouldn't be cool to watch? Remember, it is Canada's game. Don't let ESPN fool you with those stupid factory commercials.

There are 3 Canadian teams left in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The last time a Canadian team made it to the Cup Finals, Montreal did it in 1993. They beat Barry Melrose's Los Angeles Kings in 5 games. Yes, I think there will be a Canadian team in the Cup Finals this season. Too bad I had predicted Ottawa to come out of the East.

---Patrick Lalime just let another goal in. I haven't seen a choking like that since Ichiro in the 2001 ALCS. Yikes.

---Jeff at Leone At Third is still with us today. Thank goodness for that.

---Don't worry about putting too much stock in the new list of the "50 Worst Rock and Roll Songs of All-Time", according to Blender. Last year, they put Toad the Wet Sprocket in their "50 Worst Artists of All-Time List". Blasphemy.

That's enough rambling for right now. Later.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page