<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 18, 2004

ONE-THIRD 

I could post try to post a full recap here, but it'd be brutally half-hearted, because (1) I had no visual medium, (2) I was doing some other things at the time, and (3) I just wasn't that into it, partially because of reason 1 (thanks, Charter Communications). But I will say a couple things, and have a gameball and goat.

-- The Mariners scored all four of their runs via the long ball. I have a feeling we won't be saying that for a while. That's not just me being negative; they really aren't that type of team

-- Joel Pineiro had an outing reminiscent of some of his outings last year where he had trouble early then settled down and hopefully hadn't dug himself too big a hole for the offense to dig themselves out. For the Mariners' sake, it's a good thing Joel didn't spot the Rangers more than two or three runs, which happened a couple times last year.

-- Raul Ibanez did something (homer), went 2-for-4 and raised his average to a grand .237.

-- Though he's grossly overpaid and playing out of position, I'm probably going to like Scott Spiezio. He's a gamer and he's had two great games (I know he won't always be as good as the last two days). None of this means I have to like his band though.

-- Also on the "like" list, Ed Guardado. The saves might be rollercoaster-like, but as long as they don't reek of Mesa-dom, it won't be as hard to watch.

-- The Mariner offense took a few innings to warm up against Colby Lewis and Ryan Drese after reamining in slumber for the entire game against Chan Ho Park.

Gameball: Scott Spiezio. 2-for-4 with the solo bomb (insurance run).

Goat: Randy Winn. 0-for-4, a strikeout, 5 runners stranded.

The M's are off on a torrid 2-game winning streak and are a mere 4 games from .500. This makes a great time for them to run into the Oakland A's.

Redman. Garcia. Tomorrow.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page