<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 18, 2004

MORA MORA MORA! 

One of my favorite coaches of all-time, Jim Mora, has added a new soundbite to his arsenal.

He's currently working for Fox Sports Radio. I turn on my radio and somehow, someway, I get FSR. Who knew? Anyways, he and the host (I can't remember his name) were talking about WGN, the Chicago TV station that airs the Cubs and White Sox games. The host said that WGN stood for "World's Greatest Newspaper." Mora cracked that it could mean "We're Going Nowhere."

"We're Going Nowhere", now that's something I never thought about before. It makes so much sense, yet I never heard it until April 18, 2004.

So the next time you're watching a WGN game with either Chip Caray or Hawk Harrelson, just remember the new WGN slogan...

"We're Going Nowhere"

(For the Cubs and White Sox fans who whine on a daily basis about their "curses", just keep this in mind. MY TEAMS HAVE NEVER WON JACK! So quit whining.)

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page