<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 13, 2004

THIS MARVIN ISN'T STARVING 

The great thing about having the Fox Sports digital channels is that I get the opportunity to watch the "Northwest Sports Report" from time to time.

So, as I'm getting ready to go to class Thursday morning, I'm watching the NWSR. Ho hum, there's a lot of Husky basketball highlights. But then all of a sudden, they have a story on Marvin Williams. Yes, the Marvin Williams.

FSNW picked a great day to head over to Bremerton. It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky.

Similar to the Tribune story (DAMN REGISTRATION!!!!! I finally relented and gave them my info. I want more Larry LaRue when the season starts though!), FSNW interviewed Marvin and coach Casey Lindberg. Lindberg was not only a super substitute teacher of mine during junior high, he was also my economics teacher my senior year of high school. He's a great guy, and it's too bad that he's not going to be teaching too much longer. But the best of luck to him in his post-teaching life.

Back to Marvin...

The guy is unreal. He scored 45 points on Wednesday night against Gig Harbor, a school record. He's still not fully recovered from a case of viral meningitis, so what he's doing on the court right now is just amazing.

Even though I'm in Arkansas, it's not like I follow any of the high school sports down here with a passion. At least not this year. But I'm following Bremerton sports as much as I can. Thanks to the Sun and other Seattle-area papers for helping me do that.

Marvin is headed to Chapel Hill next year to play for Roy Williams and the North Carolina Tar Heels. The kid can't lose right now, he just can't. Getting to play basketball at the same school as Michael Jordan, James Worthy, and Sam Perkins isn't a bad deal at all. And to be coached by Roy Williams, one of the Top 5 coaches in all of college basketball, isn't too bad either.

ACC basketball is already interesting...but in 2004-2005, it will get even better.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page