<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 12, 2004

AROUND... 

I'm in my local geology undergraduate room putting this one because there's either problems with the residential internet or my browser's shot. My messengers work, but my browser is shot. However, I've heard I'm not the only one who is experiencing this. Weird, weird, weird...

Here's a little article about the Blue Jays where Carlos Tosca (who I think is a joke, justifiably or unjustifiably) and JP Ricciardi spout off some stuff about wanting to get to the playoffs. Tosca says he won't be satisfied if the Jays don't reach the playoffs. Prepare to be unsatisfied, Carlos. Also mentioned is that the Jays are televising 145 games this year, beating out the Mariners' 140. However, I'm guessing those games get beamed out to the entire nation of Canada, so they probably have little to no trouble finding advertisers, and therefore, games worthy of broadcast. Also in a somewhat weird note, the Jays powers-that-be told Eric Hinske to lose some weight in the offseason and now he's 15 pounds lighter.

James Baldwin is going to minor-league camp for the New York Mets. If the Mets swing something to Oakland for Art Rhodes, the Mets will successfully reunite the Three Off-Centered Cap Musketeers. Mike Cameron rounds out the trio, of course.

I know this one's a hockey note, but it's still a grisly injury. Jeremy Roenick of the Flyers took a shot to the face from a puck shot by defensemen Boris Mironov of the Rangers. Roenick was motionless on the ice for a few minutes, and the end result was a sufficient fracture of his left jaw. Quoth Roenick: "When I came to I was spitting up blood. I just made sure I didn't choke on my blood."

Right now, I think I'll start trying to build up somewhat of an online photo database. First I'll start with those AP Canuck photos before they start taking the photos off, like they usually do after while. Then maybe some spring training photos, whenever those come around. Anyway, the way I'm doing it is I've got an alternate Yahoo login name and therefore have an alternate way to use Yahoo PageBuilder, i.e., webpaging for dumbasses. Anyway, it looks like I've got five Canucks photos to add to the database.

[Edit ~10:10p -- First page of Canuck photos is here.]
[Edit ~10:30p -- Second page of Canuck photos, from the Devils game.]
[Edit ~10:45p -- Third page...the Islander game. Fourth is the Ranger game.]

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page