<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 09, 2004

THAT'S CRAP 

That's too bad that the Mariners Caravan/Winter Tour isn't making a stop in Kitsap County this year.

I mean, we may not care for it, but the little kids do. I thought the Mariners are a "family-friendly" organization? Then again, with the cutbacks on the ferry schedule up there, it's not like Kitsap County families will go to as many M's games as they have in the past anyway. And believe me, not having a caravan stop in Kitsap County will cause some people to rethink whether they will go to a game at Safeco Field in 2004.

I went to the Mariners web site earlier today and there wasn't a schedule for this little Winter Tour that they are having. You would think they would at least try to promote it. I don't think too many people would be enthused with J.J Putz, but that's just me. However, he's better than Butch Huskey, and I saw him at the 1999 caravan show at Klahowya.

Dan Wilson always makes an appearance on this caravan/winter tour. Hell, the three times I attended the caravan show, Wilson was always there. But the kids liked him, and hell, if you take away the fact that he's not a good ballplayer, I like him too. He's a nice guy...no seriously, he is. I always used to give a few of my friends back in high school crap for loving Dan Wilson (they shall remain nameless, but they are female).

Anyways, big props to the 2nd best Bremerton Sun writer Nathan Joyce. He's usually on the money. Even down here in Arkansas, I read the Bremerton Sun everyday online.

Have a good weekend, and stay warm.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page