<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 09, 2004

BAVASI RENDERS ME SPEECHLESS 

So the blogosphere (as well as Larry LaRue) has pretty much ruled that Jose Santiago hasn't been able to hit in the Majors.

This brings up an interesting question (cue up today's Hickey article): why bring Jose Santiago aboard? Let's let Bill Bavasi answer this question...

"The tandem there allows us to move Carlos to a club and it creates a situation where we have a shortstop (Aurilia) and a backup (Santiago), and it brings more players into the system for inventory."

Read that last part again. Inventory. Of course, the "inventory"-filling player in this case is crap. I was pissed when I saw that, but I thought again and realized I'd be even more pissed if he used the word "inventory" to justify Kevin Jarvis or bringing in a bunch of crappy no-talent arms.

But something seems wrong about it still. I can't remember the last time "inventory" was used as a reason to pick someone up. The way Bavasi used the word pretty much implies that he didn't care who the hell he was picking up, as long as he got somebody.

I might he hair-brained in this whole post, but the word "inventory" perked my ears and just didn't strike a Bavasi-friendly chord with me.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page