<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

THIS IS UNREAL 

I told myself I wasn't going to do a Mariner-related post until tonight, but of course, there is always something. Check out this "letter from Edgar":

Dear Mariners Fan,

I would like to thank you for the support you have given me
since I first joined the Mariners in 1987. It's one of the
reasons I decided to come back for the 2004 season.

I hope you are also planning to be back at Safeco Field
next year.

My teammates and I are already working out to get ready for
next season. It's good to have my old friend Raul Ibanez back
in our lineup to help us get back to the post-season next year.

I'll be taking some swings in the batting cage at Safeco Field
today, and I hope you're preparing getting your 2004 season
tickets now. The Mariners have told me about four season ticket
plans, including the 16-Game Plan. They all sound like good deals,
with guaranteed seats for some great matchups and special events,
as well as discount ticket prices and an opportunity to buy
tickets to home playoff games.

From my wife Holli, my children Alex and Tessa, and all the
Mariners, I wish you and your family the best during this
holiday season.

Edgar

PS - For more information on Mariners ticket plans call one
of my friends in the Mariners Front Office during normal
business hours at (206) 346-4001 or click here:


I'm calling bullcrap on this. M's PR director Rebecca Hale probably typed this up, under orders from Howard Lincoln.

You know, I love this team, but dammit, this front office really makes it hard to root for this team.

But, I love Edgar Martinez. He's Seattle Mariner baseball. This franchise would be worse off without him. Which brings me to my next point:

Edgar, you don't deserve this bullcrap at all. The M's brass lied to you when they said that they were going to make big moves. I'm still waiting for the Glendon Rusch minor league contract.

That being said, I'll probably travel to Arlington, TX for two hot as hell days to watch Edgar play ball. He's the man. That's all there is to it.

"KILL" BILL: Hey, Quinton McCracken has smoked a lot of crack in his day.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page