<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 20, 2003

SLOW AFTERNOON SO FAR 

More stuff from RotoWorld...

Dodgers signed RHP Tanyon Sturtze to a minor league contract.
You know, when I see that pitchers like Rob Bell and (Dar)Tanyon Sturtze can still get jobs in the Majors, it makes me think of two things -- (1) the extent to which expansion of the Majors has drained the pitching talent pool, and (2) I should keep my ears tuned for when the next MLB public tryout is and give it a whirl. I'm 22, but am a tiny 5'7" and 160, with Randy Winn's arm. Some may think I'm crazy in saying I'd try out, but all I hear in my mind is...TANYON STURTZE!!! The guy's crap!!

Dodgers signed infielder Olmedo Saenz to a minor league contract.
This guy was one of those spot DHs for the A's a couple years ago. I don't know where he was last year.

Rockies signed outfielder Jeromy Burnitz, who had been with the Dodgers, to a one-year contract.
Watch as the Mariners say goodbye once again to the idea of having a lefty bat with pop on the bench. Of course, Burnitz is probably looking for a boost of confidence he hasn't had since leaving Milwaukee, and a year in thin air will probably do that for him, to the tune of 30+ bombs.

Here's to the next few hours of moves in baseball, and here's to hoping Gillvasi and the Mariners don't crap the bed, though I'm not putting it past them.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page