<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 19, 2003

SHUT UP ALEX!!! 

Alex isn't happy, haha!!!

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez's agent said his client had made a large enough financial concession to allow the proposed blockbuster trade to Boston, and blamed the Red Sox and Rangers for not getting the deal done.

Scott Boras said he would leave New York on Saturday afternoon and return to his home in California.

"We worked very hard on this deal," Boras said early Saturday. "Alex has done everything he can to show his good faith by committing $13 million. The two sides were $20 million apart. You would think mutual concessions by both teams would allow this deal to happen."


SHUT UP!!!

Boo fricking hoo, Alex and Scott BorASS!

Good faith my ass. If Alex was acting in such good faith, then talks of this deal wouldn't even be happening in the first place. Remember, Nomar Garciaparra is still the shortstop of the Boston Red Sox. Imagine how Nomar is feeling right about now. Then again, he's with Mia Hamm, so I guess he can't feel too bad.

But in all seriousness...

I like Alex Rodriguez. He's a great player, there is no denying this. I'm proud to say that I've never booed the guy at Safeco Field, because there is simply no reason to. But if I was a Texas Ranger fan and Alex is still a Ranger during the 2004 season, I would boo the hell out of him.

He's tired of losing in Arlington, and you could feel sorry for him in that respect. But at the same time, he's the one who signed that 10 year, 252 million dollar deal. Now, if I were offered that type of money, I'd probably take it too.

However, it has hurt the Rangers ability to field a competitive team. Chan Ho Park's deal is also affecting the Rangers as well, but Chan Ho isn't making 252M over 10 years now, is he?

I'm going to be honest, I want to see a hostile Boston clubhouse in 2004. In 2003, it was too harmonious for my tastes. Hugging? Come on, that's not the Boston Red Sox I know. Now, it won't be "25 players, 25 cabs", but believe me, if Nomar and Manny Ramirez are indeed staying in Boston for the 2004 season, then there will be tension.

And there will be tension in Arlington as well, with Alex having to return to the Rangers clubhouse after all of this drama.

Have a good weekend...and drink heavily. With Gillivasi, you may need to start drinking right now.

"KILL" BILL: NOMAR'S BROTHER IS A MARINER FARMHAND...IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page