<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 18, 2003

SHORTIES 

Just a couple quick ones before I free up the 56k over here in the Town of B...

The Twinkies have picked up catcher Henry Blanco. Baseball Ref doesn't have any readily available catcher gun-down statistics, but I can assure you that though Blanco doesn't have Ivan Rodriguez- or Bengie Molina-type numbers in that area, he's pretty derned close. One could look at it like this -- in the Metrodome, the Twins will try to run all day, and the road teams will probably not.

Second quick one: CBS SportsLine reports that Mike Price will be the coach to Texas-El Paso (UTEP) pending approval of the school president. I remember a couple weeks ago, some guy in my GIS class was trying to tell everyone that Price's hiring at Idaho (which I'm pretty sure never went beyond the rumor stage) was official. I told him he was full of crap, and I defied him to find a Google search justifying his claim. He found a link that used horribly speculative language. I laughed in his face.

Third: Woodinville's Matt Tuiasosopo has made an oral commitment to play football at UW. Of course, it's oral, which means he can bail out on the Huskies.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page