<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 18, 2003

FLOATING ON A CUSHION OF INSOMNIA 

From today's P-I story by John Hickey...
[Ichiro] wants a contract that will put him among the elite in the game -- perhaps like the three-year, $39 million contract the New York Yankees used to lure Garry (sp.) Sheffield into the fold in the Bronx...

For the Sports and B's take on this quote, look no further than these posts (1, 2, 3, 4) by Jeremy, as well as these posts (1, 2) written by me.

Bob Finnigan's article brings nothing to the table for me other than to give me statistical proof of what I previously thought -- Jose Valentin's middle initial is brought to us by the letter E.

From the LaRue article...
"It's an exciting team, a lot like the Angels in 2002. That team never gave up and had a real solid bullpen that gave us the chance to come back," (Scott) Spiezio said. "The Mariners have the same core of guys like (Bret) Boone and Edgar (Martinez) and Ichiro - they don't give up. We've had them down many times and they've come back and beat us.

Certainly Scott Spiezio doesn't realize how much more of a complete team his 2002 Angels team was. I was scared of Garret Anderson, Troy Glaus, Darin Erstad, Tim Salmon, et. al. I was afraid of BRAD FULLMER (way to miss the boat there, Gillvasi). I just named off five guys who can rake. And they drove in runs such as those pesky bastards who I hate, Adam Kennedy and David Eckstein, who stretch the plate-crowding/evading beanballs rules in every at-bat. With the Mariners lineup as it is right now, pitch around Bret Boone and Edgar, and you're home free.

Goodnight, everyone. My brain is not working anymore. Seeya later today.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page