<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

"ALMOST PARADISE" 

I. Can't. Breathe.

All of a sudden, I've been hit by the sudden onslaught of the new 989 Sports commercial for "NCAA Final Four 2004" on PS2.

What really makes this commerical hysterical is that the music is a horribly done version of the 1984 classic "Almost Paradise", recorded by Loverboy's Mike Reno and Heart's Ann Wilson for the "Footloose" soundtrack. Yes, I said classic. And I had no idea until the other day that the man who wrote the song was none other than Eric Carmen, famous for the soft rock ballad "All By Myself".

Now, this really belongs in our music blog, Music and Bremertonians. But since there is sports involved here, tie always goes to Sports and Bremertonians.

Yes, I've sung "Almost Paradise" in a public setting, horribly I might add. But it was better than the 989 Sports version, I can tell you that.

Which reminds me...

I'm tired of seeing the Mariners in an "almost paradise" state of affairs. It's time to reach paradise. Sign Miguel Tejada and we have something here.

FIRE UP THE MIGGY HOT STOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page