<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 01, 2003

TIGER 

To make this post at least half sports-relevant, I will say that as a poor little puke form the west side of Bremerton where the median income is like $15k (okay, that's an exaggeration, but still, it's pretty low, whatever it is), the furthest I got into the golf realm was a couple of weeks at the driving range (which was then Northwest Golf Range and is now Rocket Golf on Waaga Way) back in middle school. I couldn't do the interwoven finger grip thing with my fingers, and I did better with a baseball grip. I'd try to put a good Mike Blowers-like swing on the ball. My better drives would go over 200 yards, which I didn't think was bad for a 12-year-old or however the hell old I was. My worse drives would slice and end up in the horse pasture to the right of the range.

Now to the non-sports-relevant part...

Over the weekend, it was unveiled that Tiger Woods is engaged to a Swedish model by the name of Elin Nordegren, becoming the latest in a line of famous dudes marrying Swedish women, the last of whom I remember is Will Ferrell.

But as far as I'm concerned, even a Swedish model engaged to get hitched to Tiger Woods has nothing on someone I stumbled across a couple years ago. It's Highlander-ish, but there is only one princess in Sweden whose name is Madeleine.

You can thank me later.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page