<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 27, 2003

TRULY DISTURBING 

Steve from the newest Mariner blog is bringin' it, and he has brought something really disturbing to my attention. Rather than blow up about it right now, I'll just give you some key words or phrases: baseball, overbearing, less convenient, squeezing dollars, ESPN, CBS Sportsline.

To this I add that right now, I could go over to NHL.com and listen to the Canucks game FOR FREE from my choice of either the Canucks radio crew or the Ottawa Senators' radio crew. Sure, Gary Bettman has been a crappy commissioner and has expanded the NHL to no end and the Canadian teams have all struggled to tread water under his reign (if they didn't move altogether), but one small solace I'll take from his tenure is that I can listen to hockey online for free. And if I remember right, you could listen to MLB games online up until (correct me if I'm wrong) 2000. That's right, the season in which the Mariners got to Game 6 of the ALCS and Arthur Rhodes blew it, blablabla. That was also the year that the KJR Baseball's Best Postgame Show crew included Seth Everett (he then springboarded to MLB Radio), Bill Krueger, and Steve Sandmeyer.

Okay, that's it for now on Thanksgiving. I'll end by saying something pertaining the outcomes of the NFL games today -- Jeremy called it.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page