<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

STICKEMS 

A few sports-related thoughts, some of them Mariner related...

---Kazuhiro Sasaki sold to the Yomiuri Giants. Please make this happen!!!

---South Kitsap sucks (over 2300 miles away and that's still my opinion)

---If Willie Bloomquist is the starting third baseman on Opening Day 2004, can somebody please pay my airfare up to Seattle so I can start a protest outside the left field gate at Safeco Field?

---Arkansas will beat LSU on Friday. My West Coast mojo won't fail me now. We need the Pac-10 in the Sugar Bowl, even though it is USC.

--The Razorbacks are 8-3 and could be 9-3 after Friday. Yet they are likely headed to Shreveport, Louisiana for the Independence Bowl while the Huskies could go to San Jose for the Silicon Valley Bowl with a 6-6 record. You tell me which is the better town.

---If you want to get into "strength of schedule" between USC and LSU, here's my main point: USC beat Auburn AT Jordan-Hare Stadium while LSU beat Auburn at home. As a matter of fact, the Trojans SHUT OUT the Tigers. Yes, Auburn is 7-5 now, but keep in mind that they were highly ranked earlier in the season. They were ranked 6th before the USC game. The Trojans were ranked 8th.

---And believe me, the Sugar Bowl reps want the Trojans over the Bayou Bengals. Since you know your geography, the answer is already there for you.

---Hockey is not America's game, BRISTOL!!! Personally, the money that was wasted on these stupid ESPN Hockey in America promos should have been spent on broadcasting the Heritage Classic over the weekend in Edmonton. But that made too much sense.

---The only way I want Joe Randa on this Mariner ballclub is if Miguel Tejada comes to Seattle as well. I have this funny feeling that Randa could be the Bill Mueller of 2004. Don't ask me why.

---And if Randa is Bill Mueller in 2004, then the M's will be in the postseason.

---ESPN has brought back "Hearsay". Why? I like Kenny Mayne, but this is a waste of time. It's "The 25,000 Pyramid", only with dumb jocks.

---BTW, "The 25,000 Pyramid" was a great game show. Dick Clark, legend. There's no disputing this.

---CBS Sportsline's MLB Rumor Mill reports that the Twins want to acquire a veteran catcher to back up Joe Mauer. Hey Terry Ryan, I'll send you Dan Wilson (he went to school at Minnesota) and you send me a Minnesota Wild jersey, and we'll call it a deal.

---Sue me, Dan Wilson lovers. I want Ben Davis to be the everyday catcher for the M's in 2004. The M's already let Jason Varitek leave 6 years ago, and Davis could be just as good as Varitek, if not better. He just needs the chance to prove it.

Finally,

I'd like to thank the Seattle P-I for linking us on their baseball blog page. So if there's any new visitors to Sports and Bremertonians who came from the P-I blog, welcome.

FIRE UP THE MIGGY HOT STOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page