<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

I DISAGREE 

This ain't Hollywood Squares and I'm not taking Shadoe Stevens or Jim J Bullock to block...

But this David disagrees with the more reputable [edit 19 Nov, 12:20p: thanks very much to the comment person that corrected my previous and incorrect 'refutable'] David at USS Mariner, who says the Blue Jays made out like bandits in the Kielty-for-Lilly deal.

Okay, this post may be mildly stupid and everything, but I have to say this.

I hate Ted Lilly. No stats, no nothing. I know for me as a baseball fan that there's those certain guys that come out of nowhere and I see them for the first time and think "damn, I hate that guy." Actually, this holds for real life too for me. Anyway, one of these guys for me is Ted Lilly.

I remember when the Yankees brought him up at about the same time as they brought up Randy Choate. I saw some frail looking baby-faced punk on the mound who was throwing nothing but slow pus up to the plate. It was funny seeing him get lit up, and it was fun knowing that King George was cringing every time Ted Lilly was out there.

Sure, Lilly was hot the last part of last year for the A's. I firmly believe this is a fluke and he'll suck once again. He still finished 2003 with a so-so 12-10 record, after all. So physically, Lilly reminds me of Dave Fleming, so that makes me link him with falling off the face of the earth. As a player, he reminds me (and Jeremy) of Cory Lidle. Yes, that Cory Lidle, ex-Devil Ray and ex-A, who had his hot couple months with the A's and then realized that he indeed is a mediocre pitcher.

And what topped it off last year was when Ted Lilly tried to grow a beard. He looked like a damn 7-year-old kid with a beard. Funny as hell. Anyway, for me there's no excuse when I don't see teams bash the crap out of this guy. When he had that no-hitter going against the Mariners a couple years ago, I was absolutely incensed. I was beside myself.

I can't help it. I just have it in for Ted Lilly. Irrational? Maybe. But I can't fight this feeling anymore (as Kevin Cronin would say).

So that last part in the last post where I said that was all I was going to post for tonight...I lied. NOW this is my last post for the night.

And to make this post come full circle...circle gets the square. That and I think the A's get the better end of this deal and will probably just use Justin "Douchebag" Duchscherer in Lilly's spot.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page