<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 17, 2003

EL STORMO Y FUEGO DE LA POLITICA 

From Kevin at One Hundred Sixteen...
I'm glad Derek [Zumsteg of USS Mariner] took the time to blast Bill Singer from the Mets for being an obnoxious racist jerk. It is almost inconceivable in this day and age that anyone can rise to a position of prominence with so few functioning brain cells. It is this kind of nonsense that gives rise to even worse solutions like hate crime legislation. Apparently the Mets will ask him to resign later today.

Rebuttal from Gabriel at the Safest Blog...
"...that's quite a powerful addendum there. I'd like to hear an explanation before I blast it out of the water. ... I have mixed feelings about responding to a post like that from 116. It's provocative and stems from a baseball issue, but I'm inclined to hold my tongue about the specifics of the argument."

This brings me to one of the main reasons I do this whole sports blogging thing -- it's to get away, WAY AWAY, from the sick sad world (cue up your MTV Daria music) we live in right now. Call it a copout, call it what you will, but for me, there's a time and place for my politics, and it's not here. If someone else drops in some political stuff and sees a bunch more hits to their site, more power to 'em. If they put in the political stuff and people are so turned off by the spin to their sports and no one comes, then I guess they should have known better.

When I'm posting (and I have a feeling Jeremy echoes this too) here on Sports and B's, you can rest assured that you'll get a heavy dose of sarcasm and a heavy dose of sports opinions that hopefully will help you get away from the reality (politics, bills, that assface co-worker, etc) of the rest of your day and maybe even put a smile on your face -- I know it does for me, and that's something politics cannot do.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page