<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 16, 2003

MORE ON BOONE'S SUB-MVP SEASON 

To further back up Jeremy's post from earlier, I found this little tidbit by that dork Jayson Stark on ESPN.com. Yes, Jayson Stark, whose geekiness and statistical proclivity automatically makes him holier than thou. That's the vibe I always get out of him anyway. That aside, I'll bite some material from his article.

In his AL MVP speculation article, he goes on about how there's no real favorite for the AL MVP award. He brings up Alex Rod, David Ortiz, Carlos Delgado, et. al. After that, there's this...

Bret Boone? Went 3-for-30 while the Mariners stumbled in September.

Yeah, I never realized Bret Boone had a 3-for-30 stretch in September. Ouch. I knew it was bad, but I just didn't know how bad.

As bad as Bret Boone did, I'm surprised Jim Street isn't trying to mount an AL MVP campaign for Ichiro I've-suddenly-convinced-myself-I'm-a-fly-ball-hitter Suzuki. I can tell you whose bad performance out of the two infuriated me more last year, and his last name rhymes with "gadzookie."

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page