<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 15, 2003

BEARS EAT DAWG MEAT 

It's games like this that make me really want to listen to KJR on Monday to hear the disillusioned Husky fans. The Huskies got bombed by the Cal Bears by a score of 54-7 in coach Keith Gilbertson's not-so-triumphant return to Berkeley, where he once coached. The Bears set a school record with 729 total yards of offense. Cal QB Aaron Rodgers went 20-for-33 for 348 yards in the air and three TDs, and ran for another. Adimchinobe Echemandu, 2nd in the Pac-10 in rushing, was out with an ankle injury. Nonetheless, the Huskies let J.J. Arrington rush 14 times for 185 yards. The Bears rushed for 381 yards and averaged more than 10 yards (basically a first down) per carry. I wonder what Greg Carothers will be saying to his teammates after THIS game.

Oh yeah, I'd be remiss not to include some more Jimmy Newell-related material, in the form of a sign I swear I've seen somewhere by the Tacoma Dome (I know Jeremy said he saw it), as well as another sign.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page