<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 27, 2003

HOLIDAY, SCHMOLIDAY....I NEED TO VENT 

It's been a great Thanksgiving today, and now I feel the need to do what I do best: Vent.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????

To Major League Baseball: You've already alienated your fanbase enough as it is. But to have a p#$%#fest over WEBCASTS/GAMETRACKERS? Oh come on, this is just unreal.

Take my case, for example. I've been a diehard Mariner fan since I was 5. I have a life, but when it's 7:05 Pacific time on a summer night and I'm not doing anything, well, you damn well better believe I'm following the M's either on TV, radio, or the Internet. The first two options were the norm when I lived in Washington. Now that I'm in Arkansas, I've followed the M's through CBS Sportsline's Gamecenter, as well as listen to MLB.com's Gameday Audio (it was a complimentary pass, no charge for me at all). I was fortunate to get to watch the M's live on television 2-3 times a month, thanks to Fox Sports Southwest's coverage of the Rangers and the ESPN Wednesday Night late game.

But for the most part, I followed the M's 2003 season through CBS Sportsline's eyes, no pun intended. And for MLB to say that "there's no difference, in our eyes, between exhibiting a game using text and graphics and doing it on radio or television," that reeks of total greed IMO. What about the fans like myself who can't see the M's on local television every night? I'm also speaking for the Astros fan in Sacramento, the Brewers fan in Charlotte, as well as the Phillies fan in Oklahoma City.

As for "signing up" for MLB's "official" gamecasts, no freaking way! They are HORRIBLE. I'll stick with CBS Sportsline's coverage, thank you very much.

If they can still do it in 2004...

Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving Day!!!!

and FIRE UP THE MIGGY HOT STOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page