<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

GOOD DEAL... 

Personally, I hope Kazuo Matsui stays in Japan. I'm not that impressed by him in the first place.

Sure, Vlad is a longshot. But pipedreams are fun. Like the little kid in "Angels In The Outfield" would say, "it could happen."

Anyways, I'm not in Alabama, Gabe. I'm in Arkansas. I don't know what I would do with myself if I was in Alabama. I think I would have too much fun making fun of the Crimson Tide zealots. Arkansas isn't a great state by any means, but it is better than Alabama. No, I've never been to Alabama myself, but that's just my opinion. Deal with it.

Five years ago, it would have been hard as hell to follow the Mariners in a state like Arkansas. But with the power of the Internet, you can follow the M's on Gameday Audio, or on other national media sites. Hell, you can still read the Seattle-Tacoma-Everett-Olympia-Bremerton papers everyday on the Internet. And it's all free, except the Gameday Audio Part. Well, it was free for me during the second half of the 2003 season, because of my Sportspages.com gig.

I wouldn't worry too much about Richie Sexson going to Arizona. He'll stay there for the 2004 season, and then leave for Seattle. Trust me, Jerry Colangelo can't pay him what he wants. But the Mariners can.

And I wouldn't worry about Bill Bavasi's quotes just yet. This is all just media fluff right now. I wouldn't expect Bavasi to tip his hand this early in the game. We'll see what happens.

But I'll say this. If he really doesn't want to trade prospects, well, then go sign a free agent or two.

Like Vladimir Guerrero. Why the hell not?

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page