<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 25, 2003

HOW BOUT THEM F&%#@%! APPLES?????? 

The Florida Marlins are your 2003 World Champions.

Screw Jeff Loria.
Screw George Steinbrenner.
Screw Derek Jeter.
Screw Alfonso Soriano.
Screw Karim Garcia.
Screw David Wells.
Screw Hideki Matsui.
Screw Jeff Nelson.

But big props towards every Florida Marlin player, including my childhood classmate Dontrelle Willis. These guys earned this championship. And Jack McKeon? Damn. The guy is 238 years old (72 years old), but he basically said "Screw the BOOK!". You know, the BOOK guys like Bob Melvin followed all season long.

However, I have to swallow another bitter pill as a Seattle fan. For the third straight year in a row, I have to see a city that is below Seattle celebrate a baseball championship. Phoenix 2001, Anaheim 2002, and now Miami 2003. But hey, that's part of life I guess.

A big F U to the Mariners brass tonight. I'm sure when Pudge Rodriguez was signed by Florida for 10 million, they were laughing their tails off. But look at where Pudge is now.

He's a World Champion. Dan Wilson?

Well, he's a good guy! And isn't that what counts in life, kids?

NO, I WANT A CHAMPIONSHIP. I WANT MY CITY AND STATE WORKERS TO BE GOOD GUYS AND GALS, NOT PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES!!!

Anyways, the baseball season is over. In two weeks, the Mariners will announce Lee Pelekoudas as their new general manager. Why do I think that way?

Well, I guess you haven't followed the Mariners franchise like I have, now have you?

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page