<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 25, 2003

HALF-ASS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL REVIEW 

Okay, sorry I didn't do it last week; I had a ton of homework and blablabla...

Here's how it went for the various teams in Kitsap County last night, on a night where Danny Wilm of Steilacoom set a state single-game rushing record with 492 yards against Vashon Island --

Eatonville 35, Klahowya 12. One week after spoiling North Mason's homecoming, Klahowya had the tables turned on them, as a couple sloppy plays and no passing game in the second half did them in. Eatonville QB Jordan Osborn went 10-for-15 for two scores and 294 yards.

Seattle Prep 24, Bainbridge 15. The ol' 17-points-to-none 3rd quarter did in the Sparts here. Lots of turnovers forced by the defenses in this one. Meanwhile, Bainbridge is a lean 1-7 overall, this one being their sixth-straight loss. Spartan Spirit!!

South Kitsap 51, Port Angeles 0. With stud running back Adam Macomber, he of 1423 rushing yards and a sprained knee, PA was dead. South ran 14 plays in the first half and scored 37 points. Ho hum. Nothing to see here...moving on... (the game that matters is South v. Gig Harbor next week)

North Kitsap 28, Central Kitsap 21. North had a bad time with the running game but got the right run they needed at the right time, in a form of a draw play to Nic Stearns for a 34-yard score after North had gone to the air for the last 18 plays. The Vikes are in the thick of the playoff hunt with one league loss, but really need to beat Shelton and running back Isaiah Taito next week.

and lastly and sadly...

Shelton 62, Bremerton 6. Shelton's Isaiah Taito scored three times and scampered for 136 yards and probably only played three quarters [Ed. on Sunday: reader Jer informs me that Taito only played the first half], and the Highclimbers scored 36 points in the second quarter. I haven't felt this feeling in four years, but I really gotta feel for those Knight seniors right now, and I'll really feel for them if they lose to winless-in-league Olympic next week. No senior should have to go through a winless season, which Jeremy will inevitably attest to after reading this. The closest I came was my brutal Babe Ruth baseball team back when I was 14 that went 0-10, but I knew that team was gonna suck anyway, and I wasn't going out on that note. The note I went out on was striking out a lot and hitting (probably) .076 for my final summer American Legion team.

Anyway, there it is. So half-ass it hurts.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page