<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 23, 2003

MISCELLANEOUS WEDNESDAY NIGHT 

So the Marlins beat the Yankees. Ho hum. Thought the Yankees had it sewn up when Urbina blew the 3-1 lead in the 9th, but I guess they didn't. I was almost wishing for the Yanks to run the table so that this God-forsaken baseball season could end. At least the last five months of the season were God-forsaken, anyway. The two or three months before that weren't too bad, but they sure turned out to be deceiving.

I was listening to Blues-Canucks through the CKNW online feed and was quite incensed when Dan Cloutier gave up a goal a mere 47 seconds after the Canucks drew first blood in the game, after which Jeremy and I were calling for Johan Hedberg to come in. In the second period, Canuck Brent Sopel put a goal in his own net, which was credited to Pavol Demitra. At this point, I thought the Canucks weren't gonna pull this one out. So then I go to the local theater and see The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I come back to the room afterward and check the score, and I'll be damned if the Canucks didn't pull that game out (photos: one, two, three). Vancouver with a come-from-behind win. They're 4-0-0-0 on home ice this season. And they're still doing it all without production from Todd Bertuzzi and Markus Naslund. Amazing. This of course means that the Canucks are 2-0-0-0 when I have their beanie in my possession.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page