<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

FAMILIARITY 

David, no wonder I thought I had read "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" back in high school. I was reading the first two chapters, and BAM, I could have sworn that I had read this book before. And you brought it all back to me...whew.

I guess Arkansas students are a bit behind the times...but at least we have running water and cable down here, but with TWO BET Channels I might add.

Oh, nice win by the Mariners last night. These are the games they have to win. So I'm not going to make a big deal about one measily victory over the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Ho hum, Chad Eaton is out for the season. This could be a blessing in disguise...it's not like he stopped anybody last year when he was healthy. I echo the sentiments of the Seahawks having to win at least 2 games in September. Week 1 vs the Saints, Week 2 at the Cardinals, Week 3 vs the Rams. You can't tell me that they can't win at least 2 of those games.

"I think we all know that the easiest way to get to the playoffs is to win the division and not getting by doing the wild card," said Jay Buhner, who was a clubhouse visitor last night before the game.

Boy, I wish Bob Melvin had the same fire that Buhner does. I still remember the time in 1995 when Buhner ordered the Kingdome staff to take down the "Wild Card standings" banners in right center field along the 300 level facade. This is just one of the many reasons why #19 needs to be retired by the Mariners. But he's not a "Hall of Fame" player, thus Howard Lincoln and his cronies won't do a damn thing. What a joke.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page