<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 06, 2006

A NEW DAY, BUT STILL THE SAME OL' STORY 

Note to self: Never post just minutes after your team loses in the Super Bowl.

Today is a new day and I still feel like crap.

While the officials did blow a few calls last night in Super Bowl XL, the Seahawks just didn't get the job done. I think that pisses me off more than anything else. You can't leave points out there on the field. Not on the biggest stage in the football world.

Regardless of what some people say about Seattle sports fans, we are very disappointed today. It's not like sports is just a one-day a week deal for people in the Pacific Northwest. We love our teams, whether they be the Seahawks, Mariners, Sonics, Blazers, Huskies, Cougars, Ducks, Beavers, Zags, etc.

I watched the game last night with a group of friends, one of them being a Steelers fan. To his credit, he didn't brag too much about the Steelers. Then again, he isn't nearly as passionate as I am. Then again, who is? Heh. I will admit that I raised some hell last night, throwing my 2002 Seahawks cup across the wall, cracking it in the process. I don't think I've ever been that animated. Last night, however, was worthwhile just for the fact that I got to talk to David for the first time in over two years. A phone conversation, not just a instant message conversation! That's what the Super Bowl does, folks.

I don't believe that this is the last we've heard from the Seahawks. It is very important that they find a way to bring back Shaun Alexander and Steve Hutchinson. The Seahawks' success wouldn't be possible over the past few seasons without those two players. Don't ask me who is the more valuable player. In my opinion, they're both valuable.

I'm going to be a miserable SOB this week, but at the same time, I'm also going to be a proud SOB. The Seattle Seahawks won 13 games this season, a franchise high. They were the first Seahawks team since 1984 to win a playoff game. And of course, they were the first Seahawks team to make it to the Super Bowl. No longer will the list of teams to never make it to the Super Bowl include the Seahawks.

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers and their fans. They do have some very good fans. They know who they are. I won't give credit to those fans who just jumped on the bandwagon over the last few weeks, just because of Jerome Bettis. Yes, he's from Detroit and while I did feel like the last two weeks were the Jerome Bettis Invitational, he is a classy guy and is worthy of Hall Of Fame consideration.

The Seahawks and their fans have had a taste of what the Super Bowl is really like. Maybe next season, the Seahawks will win the damn thing. Sounds good to me.

February 4, 2007 in Miami, anyone?

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page