<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 24, 2005

KICK OUT THE JAMS, N.L. STYLE 

Yesterday, I revealed my 2005 American League All-Stars.

Today, I'll reveal my 2005 National League All-Stars.

The skinny: The All-Star Game is in Detroit's Comerica Park on Tuesday, July 12. Every team must have a representative. No, the game still doesn't count.

With that, it's time to reveal my 2005 N.L. All-Stars.

2005 NATIONAL LEAGUE ALL-STARS (starters in italics)

CATCHER
SD - Ramon Hernandez
NYM - Mike Piazza
FLA - Paul LoDuca

FIRST BASE
CHC - Derrek Lee
FLA - Carlos Delgado

SECOND BASE
LA - Jeff Kent
STL - Mark Grudzielanek

SHORTSTOP
LA - Cesar Izturis
STL - David Eckstein

THIRD BASE
CHC - Aramis Ramirez
ARZ - Troy Glaus

DESIGNATED HITTER
STL - Albert Pujols

OUTFIELDERS
FLA - Miguel Cabrera
STL - Jim Edmonds
PHI - Bobby Abreu
MIL - Carlos Lee
CIN - Adam Dunn
SF - Moises Alou
PIT - Jason Bay
ATL - Andruw Jones

STARTING PITCHERS
FLA - Dontrelle Willis
HOU - Roger Clemens
WSH - Livan Hernandez
STL - Chris Carpenter
STL - Matt Morris
NYM - Pedro Martinez
SD - Jake Peavy
PHI - Brett Myers
ARZ - Brandon Webb

RELIEF PITCHERS
WSH - Chad Cordero
STL - Jason Isringhausen
COL - Brian Fuentes

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

---The 32nd Man for the National League will be Paul LoDuca.

---7 Cardinals are on this team. There's a reason for this. I expect Tony LaRussa to give guys such as David Eckstein an invite to the All-Star Game. Now, I'm not an Eckstein fan. I'm just expecting these things to happen, that's all.

---Derrek Lee should start at first base instead of Albert Pujols. Lee is the better defensive first baseman. Since the game is in an American League park this year, Pujols will be able to DH. But according to the voting, I don't expect this to happen. It would be nice, though.

Both the A.L. and N.L. All-Stars are complete on my end.

Who would win between my A.L. and N.L. All-Stars? I'd give the edge to the A.L. After all, I'm an A.L. fan. Give me the DH anyday over pitchers hitting. That's another issue for another day, however.

So get out and vote. Vote for whoever you want to vote for. It's a game for the fans. It would be easy for me to tell you who to vote for. But you see, I'm not that damn important.

Remember, IT DOESN'T COUNT!

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page