<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

JEREMY!!! 

AP Photo/John Froschauer

Not only is the Jeremy who writes for this site good, the Jeremy that plays for your Seattle Mariners is also good as well. Well, Jeremy Reed may be better than I am. He's in the big leagues while I just write about items such as the Madden Curse. I digress.

The 8th inning was for White Sox general manager Kenny Williams.

Jeremy Reed: Foul, Reed doubled to left, Reed to third on left fielder Womack's fielding error.
Greg Dobbs: Foul, Ball, Foul, Dobbs popped out to third.
Miguel Olivo: Strike swinging, Olivo singled to center, Reed scored.

Yes, I'd deal Freddy Garcia for Jeremy Reed every day of the week. I liked Freddy, but Reed was a player that this ballclub needed. He's one of the few reasons why this team is more fun to watch than last year's squad. Yes, I know it's ridiculous to talk about this current team being more "fun", since they haven't had a good May at all. I hope that Miguel Olivo can live up to expectations soon, considering that he was a big piece of the deal along with Reed.

The Mariners were down 4-0 before they could step up to the plate. I didn't have a good feeling about their chances because they were going up against Mike Mussina, a pitcher who has owned the M's in his career. But that's why they play the games, dammit. Sure, Mussina got a no-decision, but it's encouraging to see an offense that was missing Adrian Beltre get 4 runs off of him.

Thank goodness Ron Villone was useful tonight or else I don't know what I would've done with myself. The ups and downs of baseball (sports, for that matter). Wow.

Off-day tomorrow. We'll be here tomorrow, of course. What else would we rather do?

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page