<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

CLAYTON AND THE NFC WEST 

ESPN.com's John Clayton begins the NFL Offseason Overviews with the NFC West.

The Arizona Cardinals look like they're the 2005 media darlings. Seahawks fans are well aware that the "offseason media darlings" tag doesn't mean a lot. I'm not dismissing the Cardinals at all. At the same time, I don't want people to forget about the Seahawks and what they've done this offseason. It isn't all "doom and gloom", Seahawks fans.

And it's the first Power Rankings of the 2005 season, offseason style.

The Seahawks are at #13. (St. Louis #21, Arizona #22, San Francisco #32)

Obviously, offseason power rankings don't mean a thing. But they're fun to look at during the month of May. You want to know what I love about offseason power rankings?

A team such as the Minnesota Vikings can jump all the way up to #4, just based on a good offseason. I'm not convinced that the Vikings are a Super Bowl contender just yet. Will Daunte Culpepper and the Vikings offense be able to overcome the loss of Randy Moss? Let's keep one thing in mind when it comes to the Vikings:

Mike Tice is the head coach.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I know it's May. But I love talking football, regardless of what time of year it is.

After all, it sure beats bitching about the Mariners brass sending George Sherrill back to Tacoma. Nothing this front office does surprises me anymore. They can sign Richie Sexson, great. But they are still the Seattle Mariners. I'm expecting Sherrill to be let go by the M's after this season, where he will dominate in 2006 somewhere else. Believe me, I hate to be negative. However, if you're a Mariner fan, you've probably gained at least a minor in negativity by now. Major in disappointment, minor in negativity. Sounds about right.

PUMP's coming later. You know this.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page