<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

2005 PRO FOOTBALL WEEKLY PREVIEW 



You want to know if I'm ready for football?

A major sign that I'm ready for football: Picking up Pro Football Weekly's 2005 NFL Preview issue...before June.

Since I'm in Arkansas, I don't have a Seahawks cover. On my issue's cover is Houston Texans quarterback David Carr, New Orleans Saints running back Deuce McAllister, and new Dallas Cowboys quarterback Drew Bledsoe. It's a good thing I didn't get a St. Louis Rams cover.

What does PFW have to say about the Seahawks' chances for 2005?

They have the Seahawks winning the NFC West at 10-6. When the schedule first came out, I said this was a 10-6 schedule. Of course, I wouldn't mind 11-5 or 12-4 either.

In their preseason power rankings, the Seahawks are ranked 10th.

PFW:"On the cusp, but "D" a big disappointment from a year ago"

The October 9 game at St. Louis is ranked 6th as far as "Must-See TV" games go. Hopefully I'll be able to go to the Edward Jones Dome in person instead of watching the game on TV.

Left tackle Walter Jones is the only Seahawks player ranked in the Top 50 Player Rankings. I'm so glad the Seahawks re-signed him this offseason.

PFW: "When he's locked in, Jones is the best pass blocker alive."

If there's one player on this current team that is a no-brainer for the Ring Of Honor, it's Jones. How can he not be? It doesn't matter if he didn't go to Cheney the last couple of seasons. He gets it done on the field. I'll take him anyday over Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Preview magazines are a lot of fun to read. But they're just paper. Paper doesn't decide who wins and who doesn't.

PFW has the Indianapolis Colts and Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl XL, with the Eagles winning it all. This should fire up the New England Patriots a little bit.

June 1 is tomorrow. As far as cuts go for the Seahawks, expect cornerback Bobby Taylor to be cut. That's the only cut I can predict right now. Will former Baltimore Ravens defensive end/linebacker Peter Boulware come to Seattle to join his brother Michael? I'm not getting my hopes up about it. But if he does come to Seattle, the Seahawks defense will be better off.

Hey, it's May 31. I'm talking football. Why the hell not? It's the sport I love talking about the most. That's not a sign of disrespect towards the other sports, mind you. I'm just a football guy, that's all.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page