<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

VILLBONED 

The sad thing is that I know this isn't the first time I've used that post title here.

That said, I challenge anyone out there to try and at least lay out a half-logical argument as to why giving two years and $4.2M to Ron Villone is a good thing, because I am absolutely not seeing it right now.

I'll post my favorite part of that blurb, and I'll bold the parts I liked/hated the most.
    Villone, who turned 36 on Jan. 16, appeared in 56 games last season. He went 6-4 with a 2.95 ERA in 46 relief appearances, and was 2-2 with a 5.43 ERA in 10 starts. The lefty held opposing hitters to a .232 average and was especially tough on left-handed batters (.203).
He's a relief guy first, so if they're overpaying for versatility, then to me it makes no sense because of that sparkling 5.43 ERA as a starter.

If the Mariners hadn't already made huge moves this offseason, I'd be a lot more irate right now. Can you imagine how ticked off we'd all be if there were no big signings, and this one would have been one of the bigger moves of the offseason? The fact that it might still be one is, well, sickening.

I can't think of a creative way to end this post, so I'll do the only thing I can think of doing...

Bail.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page