<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

FREE RAMBLE, 2005 STYLE 

It's the 11th day of the new year and I need to ramble.

It's been awhile since I've rambled, so what better place than here and what better time than now is there to ramble?

---You have to love the New York headline writers. As posted at Sports and Bremertonians yesterday, Randy Johnson had a little hissy-fit with a WCBS cameraman. Over/under on when Randy blows up in the New York media? I'll say June 24.

---Remember Nina Gordon? She was part of Veruca Salt during the mid-to-late 1990s before starting her solo career. Have you ever listened to N.W.A.'s "Straight Outta Compton" and said to yourself, "when will somebody ever cover this track?" I never thought of that happening in my lifetime. Well, the lesson in life is, I'm an idiot. Check this out, Gordon covering "Straight Outta Compton". Who knew hardcore gangsta rap could be so beautiful?

---EA Sports is at it again. First, the exclusive deal with the NFL. Now, EA Sports has signed a deal with the Arena Football League to be the exclusive developer of AFL video games. The first EA Sports AFL game should come out before the 2006 season. In related news, I own "Kurt Warner's Arena Football Unleashed". That game was a pathetic version of "NFL Blitz", so here's to EA Sports improving the Arena Football league product. Here's an idea for EA Sports: How about adding the AF2 teams as well? Maybe use the Arena Football 2 teams as hidden teams? If that were to happen, then more games could be sold in the AF2 markets, such as Little Rock and Huntsville, Alabama. With ideas like this, maybe I should just quit studying to become a writer and go into marketing instead.

---No, I didn't pay full price for the Kurt Warner Playstation game. I paid a grand total of $2.79 at KMart when the Port Orchard KMart had their closeout sale.

---Let's see, there's an offensive coordinator down in Southern California who should be a head coach. But Syracuse decides to hire former NFL and Texas defensive coordinator Greg Robinson as their head coach? Maybe it's me, but I would think that Chow's offense would be awesome to watch inside a dome, since the Orange play in the Carrier Dome. But in the meantime, Chow stays at USC and the Trojans should win the national championship again next season, barring any unforseen circumstances.

---Doug Christie is now in Orlando. And guess what? Steve Francis isn't happy about the Magic trading away his good buddy Cuttino Mobley. I'm.....SHOCKED! I mean, how could anybody see this coming? We're talking about Stevie Franchise, that wonderful class act!

---Did you know that Christie and his wife could be featured in a new reality show?

---Speaking of reality shows, I don't watch too many of them. But one show I will watch and you should too, is the 4th season of "The Surreal Life". Two words for you:

Mini-Me.

New episodes are on VH1 every Sunday night and repeats throughout the week. Check your local listings.

---It just hit me while watching the Randy Johnson press conference at MLB.com. Two of the big three superstars of the Mariners in the mid-to-late 1990s are now New York Yankees, Johnson and Alex Rodriguez. Too bad that I'm not stunned by this news.

---Johnson will wear #41 in New York, not #51, as it is already worn by Bernie Williams. Good move by Randy there, because Bernie is more of a Yankee than he ever will be. Bernie is also one of the few classy Yankees.

---Going back to Randy and Alex being Yankees now, it brings up the possibility of Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander and left tackle Walter Jones leaving town. If both of those guys, or one of them, were to leave town, it wouldn't shock me. I'm a Seattle sports fan, nothing shocks me anymore.

---I'm hoping that the Miami Dolphins finish worse than their 4-12 record in 2005 under new head coach Nick Saban. The man is a prick and doesn't deserve to have any success in the NFL. Somehow I don't think the drunk Cajuns down in Baton Rouge miss the guy too much, even though he did bring them an SEC title in 2003.

---No, I don't consider LSU national champions for the 2003 season. That honor belongs to the USC Trojans.

---Dan Marino, Steve Young, and Derrick Thomas are among the 15 finalists for the 2005 Pro Football Hall of Fame class. The official class will be announced on February 5, one day before Super Bowl XXXIX in Jacksonville.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---- --- ---

I'm done rambling for now.

Bring on the Rams.....

Wait...

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page