<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 27, 2005

ARIZONA 91, WASHINGTON 82 

What do you want me to say about tonight's Washington-Arizona game?

---The Huskies outrebounded Arizona 35-26, which was encouraging to see, considering the size differential between both ballclubs. The Huskies grabbed 17 of those rebounds on the offensive end and Arizona had just 5 offensive rebounds. My god, Arizona is soft as hell. Channing Frye is a senior yet he still looks like Teddy from "Full House".

---Arizona went to the free throw line 40 times compared to Washington's 21 attempts. This wasn't quite Sonics-Suns from the 1993 Western Conference Finals, but it was clear that the Wildcats got more than a few calls (27 Husky fouls compared to 17 for Arizona).

---I hate Lute Olson. I just do.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Not only do I hate Olson, I hate the Pac-10 television contract. One of these days, I'm going to have a post detailing my absolute hatred of that deal. Thank God I have the Fox Sports College Sports package or else I would have missed the first half of the game tonight. My Fox Sports Net channel was airing SEC Women's Basketball between Mississippi State and Ole Miss. I bet that only 7 people watched that damn game. No, this is not a slam on women's basketball.

I just think it's a joke that a game between 2 Top 15 teams is not on a decent sports channel. Fox Sports Net is a joke and will always be a joke. Their damn score box didn't even work for the first 5 minutes of the game. That wouldn't happen with ESPN. Unfortunately, don't hold your breath for the Pac-10 to sign a television contract with the family of networks.

In other college basketball news, Arkansas State defeated Arkansas-Little Rock (UALR) 78-64. Go Indians! Hooray for Sun Belt Conference basketball!

Oh, and hooray for Salim Stoudamire's future suspension from the team, which should come in about 2 weeks. You know it's coming.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page