<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

SHOCKED 

I came home from a short voyage to Silverdale to Best Buy and Kitsap Sports, just hanging out over there. Some customer at Kitsap Sports was trying to get a bat for a youngster, and he wanted a Little League bat that was 34 inches long, which is absurd. I was in the bat section at the time, and the Kitsap Sports employee was trying to assist him, and they didn't have any bats over 34 inches and there sure as hell weren't any Little League bats that were that long. I eventually piped up and asked him how tall the kid was. Turns out the kid is 11 years old and no taller than me (5'7"). I told the guy I never swung more than a 33-inch bat. Eventually he called out and found out the kid was 5'1". I think they settled on 31 inches as I got out of the store.

I went to Fred Meyer and chatted with a fellow Central geology major, who is working in the produce department there all the while trying to find other geology jobs (sounds familiar). I whittled down about an hour of his shift.

So I get home, eat dinner, and sit down with the Sonics on the television. My mother asks me if I'd heard of Elisa Hahn. I figured my mom knew someone who knew Elisa or something; she'd had this conversation with me about Anna Velazquez of KIRO, who apparently has some Kitsap links.

But then my mom told me about this...

I couldn't believe it.

My thoughts and prayers go out to my favorite on-scene reporter in the Seattle market, KING 5's Elisa Hahn, who friend Grant, Jeremy, and I got to see outside the skeleton of the Kingdome en route to the ferry after FanFest 2000.

I still can't believe it.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page