<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 11, 2004

THERE'S THAT MAN AGAIN! 

Trying to dodge the thunder in these parts, I watched the Kings-Sonics last night on ESPN with Brent Musberger and Tom Tolbert. No, I didn't participate in the Brent Musberger Drinking Game because 1) I had no beer whatsoever in my fridge, 2) the game didn't involve a Big XII team, and 3) see reason #1.

Folks (drink up, in the spirit of the Brent Musberger Drinking Game), Danny Fortson is what the Seattle Supersonics needed. Too bad that it came a few years too late for this franchise. It figures.

Fortson was a huge reason why the Sonics routed the Kings 108-78 in Key Arena last night. He had 16 points, but more importantly, pulled down 13 rebounds. The Sonics are outrebounding their opponents by 8 rebounds a game this season. Oh, and the Sonics were last in the rebounding category during the 2003-2004 season. I'd say that Fortson has made an impact so far.

I'm with David here, I can't see this goodwill lasting for the Sonics. They still aren't a good basketball team. But with the addition of Fortson, they will at least have more toughness on the inside.

Well, the Southern schools have decided that Veteran's Day isn't an important enough holiday to take off. That's right, we have school today here. Unbelievable. I don't get it. Most, if not all, of the public offices in this area are closed. Yet the schools are still in session? Way to honor the Veterans, folks. (Drink up again, you can do it!)

Thanks to our veterans, past and present, including my father. Without the veterans, I wouldn't be able to do posts like these. Thank you.

Now, let's go to our buddy, Jack Arute.

(ARRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!)

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page