<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

GIFTAIGE 

First of all, I love the new Leone For Third. Good work, fellas.

Second of all, I hate the record industry (more on this later at Rambling On Music, a site that needs some hits like Michael Phelps needs good P.R.)

Finally, well...

I'm in a rambling mood. Yeah.

---The Mariners will introduce gift cards to the Northwest marketplace. The gift cards can be purchased at Safeway in $25 and $50 incriments. They can be used to buy tickets, merchandise, and food at Safeco Field and in the team stores. As a former Mariner merchandising employee, I can honestly say that I'm shocked that it took the Mariners this long to come up with a gift card. They may not be a championship-caliber ballclub on the field, but boy, they knock it out of the park off the field, that's for sure.

Oh, and as far as gift cards go on a personal note, if I never have to sell another gift card again, I'll be better off for it. I'm not joking.

---SPOONMAN!

---Here at Sports and Bremertonians, we've been searched for many things, including "Trading Spaces" host Paige Davis. Well, I have a legitimate reason to bring her up here. She's in Pine Bluff, Arkansas right now as I type this. Yes, I should be looking for her and Genevieve Gorder right now instead of typing this. But you know how it goes.

If you have no f**king clue as to who Gorder is, she's the hot blonde woman in the black dress in those damn Swiffer commercials.

---In all seriousness though, Davis and her "Trading Spaces" crew are in Pine Bluff making over a women's shelter. I won't begin to get into the issue of domestic violence here, because this isn't the place for it. But we sure as hell don't tolerate it, that's for sure. I just hope that when this shelter is remodeled, that the women of Southeast Arkansas can feel comfortable there. The Pine Bluff episode of "Trading Spaces" will air Christmas Night on The Learning Channel (check your local listings). Will I watch it? Probably, since I'll be sick and tired of the Kobe-Shaq matchup that night (Heat at Lakers, ABC Christmas Day).

---Roger Clemens has won his 7th Cy Young Award, his first in the National League. That's nice. Really. His kids' names start with the letter K. K this!

---So Richie Sexson may become a Seattle Mariner, according to the Boston Herald. David and I are big fans of Sexson. I don't care if he's a right-handed hitter, the dude can mash. If you can hit the ball, you can hit the ball. Yes, I want Sexson in Seattle. (Yes, my offseason plan is coming sometime this week. It won't be too statsy or too wordy, so I'm just warning everybody ahead of time. You know how we do it here at Sports and Bremertonians.)

---Congrats to Ray Bourque, Paul Coffey, and Larry Murphy on their induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Here's my post from June 9 when the announcement was made on their induction.

---I love this. Maurice Clarett is now claiming that Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel gave him improper benefits during the 2002 season. Hoo boy, if this is true, then I'm going to laugh. Loud and hard. Haaaaaaaaa! Yes, I'm still a little bitter that the Buckeyes have had a Mississippi River-sized bucket of luck in the past 3 seasons. Oh, and screw Big Ten/Eleven Football.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Leading us along.

You laughed, you vomited, you cried. If you did any of those three things while reading Sports and Bremertonians today, you have had a good day. Well, at least I've had a good day. Not sure about the rest of you.

Anyways, time for me to fly. Believe it.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page