<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 07, 2004

ROLL TIDE!!! 

SEAHAWKS 42, 49ERS 27

(If you want a long, long post on the 'Hawks win in SF today, go to David's post)

The Seahawks have to find a way to keep Shaun Alexander.

Yes, the defense is a mess right now. But I'm going to talk about Alexander, since I'm in a glorious mood. Glorious.

I've been an Alexander fan since his days at Alabama. I really hope that the Seahawks find a way to keep him in Seattle. You tell me who's going to replace Alexander if he were to leave Seattle? Maurice Morris? Kerry Carter?

Alexander is one of the best running backs in football. Why is it that some outsiders think that way but some Seahawks fans always find a way to criticize him? I don't get it, I really don't.

What does Alexander do today in San Francisco after last week's 195-yard performance?

More of the same.

160 yards on 26 carries, 2 touchdowns

And yet there are some fans who want him gone. Ridiculous.

Today was the first time all season that I felt that this offense was clicking. Matt Hasselbeck had a very good day, going 17-for-28 with 285 yards and 3 touchdowns. I'd say it's his best game of the 2004 season, no doubt about it.

Darrell Jackson showed me something today. He didn't practice all week because of an ankle injury, yet he goes out there today, catches 5 balls for 114 yards and has a pair of scores. Clutch.

Koren Robinson, 2 receptions for 39 yards and a touchdown. You know, can we just get his suspension over and done with? I can't remember where I heard it from, but check out this conspiracy theory: Koren gets suspended this week, therefore missing the next 4 games. He would miss the Dec. 6 Dallas game, which is on Monday Night Football. No K-Rob for the 'Hawks means more Jerry Rice, which is what the NFL and ABC would want. I'm just sayin'. Well, that person who brought up the theory was just sayin'.

What about the defense?

Come back, Grant Wistrom. Soon.

Ken Lucas, get well soon.

Anthony Simmons, welcome back.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

The Seahawks are now 5-3 and could be in 1st place in the NFC West if the Rams lose to the Patriots in St. Louis (it's 40-22 New England with 2:28 left in the 4th quarter). I'm in total agreeance with David, next week is a must-win. You can't give the Rams any sort of tiebreaker advantage.

This season is not over, not even close. If the Seahawks offense can play like they did today, look out. I still feel that the NFC is wide-open. I've felt that way since the offseason.

But I'm not worried about the NFC right now. I'm just worried about the NFC West.

Next week, St. Louis. I'll get that game on my local FOX affiliate. Yessir. The Rams can't stop the run, so if I'm Mike Holmgren, keep running Shaun. Pretty f**king simple, I would think.

This is going to be a fun week. I can feel it.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page