<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

NOW THAT'S THE POWER OF FUEL!!! 

Rambling is my business and business is good.

---Well I'll be damned. The Seattle Storm are two wins away from the WNBA Championship. I'm not a huge fan of the WNBA, but anytime a Seattle team wins, it's a good thing. Too bad that the Storm are the only championship-caliber team to play in Key Arena this season.

---I wish Arkansas still had a minor league hockey team. The Riverblades of the East Coast Hockey League folded up shop two months after I moved here, so needless to say, I was pissed off about that. As a matter of fact, I'm still pissed. I want some hockey, dammit. Something. I'll just have to make do with my new ESPN NHL 2K5 game.

---Speaking of "ESPN NHL 2K5", it's a good game. It's amazing how far video hockey games have come. I still remember the days when I played "Ice Hockey" on the 16-bit Nintendo system. I always kicked the crap out of the Soviet Union. Then when I got a Sega Genesis, I played the hell out of "Mario Lemieux Hockey". The game came with a Mario Lemieux hockey puck, which I still have. "ESPN NHL 2K5" is only $19.95, since it's a ESPN/SEGA video game. Not a bad deal at all.

---I can't wait for Sunday. For the first time this season, I'll be able to watch the Seahawks on TV. I just hope that we're not stuck with Ron Pitts and Tim Ryan. Not only do the Seahawks need to beat the Rams on Sunday, the Patriots have to beat Miami on Sunday as well. I'm bringing this up because if both teams are 4-0, chances are that the Oct. 17 showdown in Foxboro will be seen on my FOX affiliate. The other matchup being considered for the early FOX game is Carolina-Philadelphia. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get to see the Seahawks-Patriots on Oct. 17.

---I was watching the "Northwest Sports Report" last night and watched the Sonics and Blazers training camp reports. Man, you have got to feel horrible for Brian Davis. He's no longer calling the Seahawks games, but is now covering the Sonics for Fox Sports Northwest. Some things are just not right in this world. What do I think about both the Sonics and Blazers going into the 2004-2005 season? Say hello to the bottom of the Northwest Division. These teams are not better than Minnesota, Denver, and Utah. Not even close.

---I love NASCAR, but I don't love the corporate PC bullcrap that's going on. If Kurt Busch wins the Cup championship because of this, I'm going to be angry. It's not like Dale Earnhardt, Jr. said the word "sh*t" in a bad way.

Here's what transpired in Talladega after the race:
"What does it mean to win here not only once, but 5 times?" Earnhardt was asked, just minutes after climbing out of his car, face full of Budweiser and all.

Junior's reply, "Well it don't mean sh*t right now, Daddy's done won here 10 times so, I gotta do more winnin' but we're gonna get there, but he was the master and I'm just trying to follow in his tracks."


Personally, NASCAR is full of sh*t.

---Larry Bowa is in the "Baseball Tonight" studio. I like Bowa, but I hope he isn't the next Mariners manager.

---Who should be the next Mariners manager? Let's just say that I don't want Jimy Williams, Terry Collins, Jim Riggleman, Bob Brenly, Don Baylor, or Carlos Tosca.

---LeBron James becomes a dad. LeBron 1, Carmelo 0 (because you know these two will always be linked)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Rambling On Music

Finally, I would like to invite everybody to check out our new music blog, Rambling On Music. We'll try to keep it as updated as we can. So from this point on, our musical ramblings won't be here at Sports and Bremertonians, they will be at Rambling On Music.

If you have a separate sidebar for non-Mariners or non-sports links, please link us. We greatly appreciate it.

Jaret Wright is starting Game 1 for the Braves today against the Astros. Who knew???

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page