<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 04, 2004

GLORIOUS OCTOBER 

Well, it would be more glorious if the Mariners were still playing.

But that isn't the case.

Feel free to look back at my 2004 predictions, if you need a good laugh. (What I was thinking when I said the Royals would win the AL Central?)

Anyways, the postseason begins tomorrow. 8 teams, 1 champion. Do I live for this? I would if my team was still playing. Upon further review, no, I wouldn't live for this. Baseball's marketing crew sucks.

AMERICAN LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES

Minnesota d. New York in 5 games
---If Johan Santana can defeat the Yankees in Game 1, the Twins will win this series. The Yankees pitching staff is not as good as in previous seasons. For some reason, I just don't see this ending well for the Yankees. Hell, a team that has TANYON STURTZE on their roster has no business winning a playoff series.

And besides, does any sane Mariner fan want Alex Rodriguez to win a ring? I sure as hell don't.

Boston d. Anaheim in 5 games
---This will be a fun series to watch. Expect a ton of offense in this series. But I don't see the Rally Monkey doing his bad magick here. As a Mariner fan, I don't need to see the Angels win another World Series. It would just be too painful.

NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES

St. Louis d. Los Angeles in 5 games
---I just can't see the Dodgers being swept. But I just can't see them winning this series either. The Cardinals offense will be too much for the Dodgers.

Houston d. Atlanta in 4 games
---The Astros are hot right now. I've bashed Phil Garner in the past, but what he's done with this team since the All-Star break has been incredible. Yes, Atlanta has owned the Astros in postseason play. But this is a different year. You don't got a problem, Houston.

AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
Boston d. Minnesota in 7 games
ALCS MVP: Curt Schilling, BOS

NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
Houston d. St. Louis in 7 games
NLCS MVP: Carlos Beltran, HOU

WORLD SERIES
Houston d. Boston in 7 games
WS MVP: Jeff Bagwell, HOU

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Why do I think the Astros will win it all?

It's simple. This baseball season hasn't been good to me at all. Why should the postseason go any better? Phil Garner winning the World Series would certanly put the capper on a horrible baseball season for me.

In all seriousness though, the Astros are the one team that I would not want to play right now. They're peaking at the right time. They have the offense to win. And they have the pitching staff to win.

The Cardinals have been the best team in baseball this season. But in the end, I just don't think they have enough pitching to win. They certainly have the offense, however.

The Red Sox will go to the World Series for the first time since 1986. But to add even more to their fake curse, Roger Clemens and Jeff Bagwell come back to Boston and win a World Series. In Fenway Park. Wouldn't that be something?

SOME OFF-THE-WALL PREDICTIONS FOR THE DIVISION SERIES
---David Eckstein will make a key error in Game 5 of the BOS-ANA series.
---David Ortiz is going to own the Angels pitching staff (4 HR, 9 RBI)
---Jeff Weaver pitches a CG shutout in Game 2 of the LA-STL series.
---Chipper Jones goes 2-for-11 in the HOU-ATL series.
---Johan Santana pitches 2 CG's against the Yankees.
---Alex Rodriguez struggles against the Twins, making 3 errors at 3B.

So there you go, my 2004 playoff predictions.

Houston vs Boston in the World Series.

Enjoy October baseball.

2004 playoff schedule

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page