<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 29, 2004

FRIDAY MORNING LIGHTS 

I'm well-rested.

And obviously, wide awake. Or would it be wiiiiiiiiide awwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaake?

But I'm not sleeping.

Oh no.

---Hooray for guys who always showed up in my baseball cards! As David mentioned, Ron Hassey is the new Mariners bench coach. You can't lose with a name like Ron Hassey. But you'll never see me refer to him as "Hass". Only Matt Hasselbeck can be referred to as "Hass".

---Kansas is on top of the preseason ESPN/USA Today College Basketball coaches' poll. And since this is a Bremerton-related site, North Carolina is 3rd in the poll. Wake Forest is 2nd, Georgia Tech 4th, and Illinois rounds out the Top 5 at well, 5th. Washington is ranked 24th, while Gonzaga is not ranked.

---If there is any hockey to be played in the 2004-2005 season, let's hope that Pat Burns returns to the New Jersey Devils' bench. Burns has colon cancer and just underwent chemotherapy treatments this week. He says he's making good progress, but is not out of the woods yet. Burns is one of the best coaches in hockey and I'm hoping he beats this.

---The Red Sox will have their victory parade tomorrow in Boston. The parade will stretch from Fenway Park to City Hall. Let's just say that it's going to be wicked large. (Yeah, my New England accent sucks. So does my Southern accent, which is basically a whole lot of nothing. I'm from the West Coast. West Coast residents don't have an accent.)

---Not only will the Red Sox have a parade, they will take the World Series trophy to the 6 New England states. For those who still don't know their states, that's Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. If the Mariners were to win the World Series, you could say that they would take the trophy to Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska. Maybe British Columbia, who knows.

---In not-so-surprising news, the new format for "Cold Pizza" sucks. I'm only watching it so I can see Thea Andrews for all of 5 minutes. Again, for the 456th time, ESPN needs to give Thea her own exercise show. Basically, just make new episodes of "Bodyshaping" but with Thea. I know for a fact that this show would get much higher ratings than "Cold Pizza".

---Yeah, I know it's not really a "new" format. But this is the first time in weeks that I've been up this early on a Friday. Usually I'm sleeping at this time. I don't have class on Fridays, so I got that going for me.

---It's Halloween weekend. I got your costume right here, folks. What am I, you ask?

Poor college student. I wear that costume 365 days a year (366 this year)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

OK, all I need this weekend is candy and a Seahawks victory.

That's not too much to ask, is it?

Well, there are more things that I need. But candy and a Seahawks victory are realistic. No, I won't steal any little kids' candy. Ha.

Later, everybody. Yeah. Lame ending, I know. But it works.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page