<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 03, 2004

HULLCHED 

Boy, it's nice to know that the Americans can show up in the first period.

Give credit to U.S. head coach Ron Wilson. He knew that he had to shake things up after the U.S. went winless in their first two games. So he went ahead and benched Brett Hull. I also liked the fact that Rick DiPietro got the start tonight against Slovakia, giving Robert Esche a rest. He's going to be a good one in the next few years, especially when the Islanders will ship him out of Long Island. You know they will. After all, they are the Islanders!

Anyways, this was a much-needed win for the U.S. I'm sure that Wilson will put Hull back into the lineup. Esche will probably be back in goal as well.

As for tomorrow's matchups, for the folks who don't get CBC, check out ESPN Broadband. They will air both games, Sweden-Finland and Canada-Russia, on the site. I seriously doubt that I'll watch both games, only because a) College football is on tomorrow and b) I have a ton of work to do. Who knows, maybe I'll watch the games. But don't hold me to it. If I do, I do. If I don't, I don't.

By the way, Tim Ryan has to be the worst play-by-play football announcer ever. Good god, I can't believe ESPN brought him back this season. Ugh.

The Washington State road helmets have to be the coolest helmets in college football. And as I type that, the Cougs just blocked a Lobo punt. Nice to know that the Cougs haven't lost their defensive edge over the offseason.

Touchdown Washington State, Troy Bienemann. Cougs take the lead, 21-17.

Enjoy the Labor Day Weekend. I know I won't.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page