<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 03, 2004

LABOR DAY WEEKEND 

It's here.

What will I be doing this Labor Day weekend?

Tons of work. And maybe fit in a few college football games into my schedule. Sounds like fun, eh?

Anyways, I just feel the need to post right now.

---Each time ESPN or ESPN 2 shows the "ESPN 25" moment of Dale Earnhardt's death at Daytona, I get choked up. Every single time. The words of Mike Helton still ring in my head to this day: "We've lost Dale Earnhardt." And the sad part about the whole deal is that Earnhardt's crash didn't even look that bad. But on that February day in 2001, it was bad enough to take his life. I can't talk about this any longer.

---Yes, I'm a big NASCAR fan. Deal with it.

---For the 3 of you who were looking for my Seahawks post last night, there wasn't one. So here it is: Trent Dilfer might be the best backup quarterback in football. And Mike Holmgren has a very tough job to do this weekend with cuts.

---I'm tired of preseason football. Let the regular season begin.

---Utah is very, very explosive. Texas A&M is very, very bad.

---You can definitely make a case that Utah has two of the best young coaches in all of college football and basketball with Urban Meyer and Ray Giacoletti. Meyer has done a hell of a job with the football program while Giacoletti hopes to continue the success he had at Eastern Washington with the Utes. However, I will definitely miss the Rick Majerus sweaters on Big Monday, where the Utes have made plenty of appearances over the years.

---It is not "Pardon The Interruption" without Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon. I will not debate this.

---David, good job on the World Cup updates. I've only been able to catch the night games, since I've been in class during the afternoon games. Benching Brett Hull tonight is a bold move by head coach Ron Wilson. Let's hope the Americans respond well tonight. SHOW UP IN THE FIRST DAMN PERIOD!

---Damn, I missed the boat on this one. My favorite NASCAR driver, Rusty Wallace, is retiring after the 2005 season. If he wins the Daytona 500 next year, this would be one of the biggest stories in NASCAR history. Rusty has never won the Daytona 500. Quite frankly, it wouldn't be right to see Rusty go off in the distance without a Daytona 500 victory.

---If Oregon State beats LSU Saturday night in Baton Rouge, will people call the Bayou Bengals overrated? I don't think so. But those same people call USC overrated, even though they did beat Virginia Tech. Point being, I hate the "East of the Rockies Bias".

---That being said, I don't see the Beavers winning Saturday night. I'd laugh my ass off if they did win though.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Bill Simmons' column on the year 1984 is a must read. Good stuff from the Sports Guy.

The family of networks has hockey and the Washington State-New Mexico game tonight. Hockey on ESPN 2 and football on ESPN. I love it.

Will Derting, Bronko Nagurski Award winner? The campaign starts tonight.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page